Sunday 2 September 2018

Six themes decision making dice

Have I earned an "I've been creative badge" especially as its my wedding anniversary today? The first attempt in paper was a disaster, so in an attempt to make it more sturdy I laminated each side first and  then got my glue gun out! It's fairly robust but don't know how many throws it will take by my brownies (so I made 2) - but I guess as long as it does the trick, and helps them get to grips with the new themes, then its been worth it!

We all received a card template version of the die with the latest Guiding magazine (Autumn 18) but the template is available  to print off the GG website. Be aware you can still feel the heat of the hot glue through the laminated card; and the hardest part was closing the lid on the die with 3 sticky tabs to fold in. In a while I will go back and trim any sharp edges with scissors where one side sticks over another.

There is a badge drive activity on page 65 of Guiding - which is aimed at Guides & Senior section, but I'm going to adapt for my brownies. Hopefully one of the die will last long enough to show at forthcoming new programme trainings!

No comments:

Post a Comment