Sunday 20 February 2011

Training 2nd graders on life in Medieval England

I was fortunate enough last month to be invited into my son's class to talk about life in medieval England. I really enjoyed taking the class of 8 year olds back in time, on a journey down a medieval street with the aid of a PowerPoint picture show, which included a picture of my other son in the stocks outside the gaol in Hexham in Northumberland! The children naturally wanted to focus on toilet and bathroom arrangements! However I was invited back to talk to the other grade 2 classes on the same subject and I did really enjoy it.
It gave me a good excuse to try out PowerPoint 2007 on my brand new laptop too, I love the way I can toggle between PowerPoint and google images - I couldn't do that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment