Sunday 27 February 2011

A "Peachy" toy

I've had the opportunity to play with my new toy today - a "Peach Star binder 21" comb binding machine, check it out on www.3ppp3.com. I bought it in Lidl a couple of months ago for 20 euros and as soon as I saw it I thought it would be a brilliant way to preserve some of my children's' art works, be good for scrap booking, and oh yes might come in handy for guiding! When I opened the box it also comes complete with a starter pack of back covers, plastic front covers and comb bindings of different sizes. So I set to work and unfortunately choose the largest resource to begin with, there is a definite knack in putting the pages onto the open comb, but by the 3rd time I had it! It's easier on resources with smaller numbers of pages.
It is helpful that when Guiding Regions sell section resources they are without a binding, I suspect principally to allow for photocopying for use in the unit. However I discovered a while ago when I'm using resources in trainings it's much better to have them in a folder or even bound. Otherwise they end up all over the floor, occasionally I return with missing pages, & it looks more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment