Tuesday 31 May 2016

58 Trainings delivered since 2000

I had a count up of all my paper training plans since I started printing them off in 2000 and was amazed to find there were 58 in the file so that averages around 4 a year - not bad considering other life events in the same time frame included 2 children and a couple of house moves!

Glad I started a paper file as quite often I want to develop bits from previous trainings or improve on something I have already tried before. I save in MS word with the name of the County the training was requested by, and the date of the training. I discovered a while ago putting the title/theme isn't a great help as topics tend to cycle round on a fairly frequent basis and therefore to search on the topic brings up several different trainings.

 By holding the paper copies I can keep the notes or annotations I made sometimes during, or immediately after the training, all together along with my self evaluation (they tend to be hand written as I try to do them as soon as I get home with a cuppa before going to bed). Having a paper file means I can quickly flick through to find the training I want to adapt; I have had cause to look back on these notes sometimes even a few years after the training was delivered. The content, policy, legislation move on but the techniques can be adapted to suit the audience needs.

Do other trainers use other techniques to keep track? Are there any lessons we should learn for the Trainers Qualification renewal process? 

No comments:

Post a Comment