Monday 22 January 2018

WAGGGS Policy & Guidelines: Adult Training, Learning & Development, 2012

I read this report a few years ago and its been bugging me where I picked the up the idea of the difference between Trainers and Facilitators in a guiding setting from. Today I finally figured it out. It strikes me our new safe space modules require a lot more of the facilitation skill rather than the traditional training skill. See page 28 of the WAGGGS report:

In.addition,.trainers/facilitator.should.have.competences.that:
•. empower the learner to take responsibility for learning
•. enable a high degree of flexibility in session management
•. engage.and.empower.people.through.excellent.communication.skills
•. achieve high levels of creativity and innovation
•. enable.and.support.the.learner.to.be.part.of.self-motivated.learning.processes.

I think our current Training Qualification falls short on some of these criteria.
The full report is available from the WAGGGS -> Resource Centre -> Adult Training

No comments:

Post a Comment