Friday 29 December 2017

Christmas hols must be Safe Space training preparation again!

Feels like Christmas holidays are designed for Safe Space preparations but I think I'm ready at last for next weekend:
  • I've edited the powerpoint deck (down), and added 1 new slide
  • I've created a risk assessment complete with contingencies for the training
  • I've amended the training plan - annotated with timings for a 10am & 2pm start; included ppt slide numbers for the activities I'm going to use; added the survey monkey link from slide 76 and greyed out activities I'm not using for the first time.
  • I've re-read the "session plan with full guidance book" several times and marked up the de-brief notes for each activity with colour coded post-its.
  • I've laminated all 61 activity sheets.
  • I've bought a new extension cable and several blocks of post-its.
  • I've checked Being Prepared is still the 2013 edition I have already printed off and bound.
  • I've tried (unsuccessfully) to get the trading order code for the key messages booklet -Trading are closed now until 2/1/18, so I've emailed the question.
  • I've packed my flip chart & pens.
  • Santa brought me a lovely blue tooth speaker (from Cath Kidston) and it works with my laptop
  • I've charged my other Cath Kidston gift of a power pack which can be used to keep the speaker going if it runs out of charge but of course both are now fully charged.
  • I've visited all the additional websites on slide 67 - check out the booklets on the NAPAC website https://napac.org.uk/resources/ "It wasn't your fault" and "You are not alone" they are very sad but really well produced.
  • However I haven't yet saved the ppt to the USB stick, as I state in my risk assessment, but I keep making more changes. I will though.
I do have one question I can't find an answer too  - What is Full Safeguarding Pathway Step 21?
I obviously stopped paying attention at that point  hope nobody asks me on 6th!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment