Sunday 24 February 2019

A user friendly Guide to becoming a TRAINER in 1992 and 2019!

Another blast from a retired Trainers bag but I do love this, and I wanted to show how relevant it still is today. Even though it dates from an era when Trainers did a different type of Trainers Licence to the one we do now. Midlands Trainers do the most amazing publications and please note copyright is owned by "Raine" . Hope somebody has a copy of this in the Girlguiding Training Archives?

Note the 3rd stanza: "To be friendly, warm and caring too, sharing and trying methods new"
All just as relevant in 2019 as 1992
Ah travelling to a training on a train - I don't think so (I once tried flying and the only space in my case was for spare knickers and a toothbrush!) The advice on commissioners is very real today - just treat them as other leaders. Theses days they tend to be the youngest leader in the room as they didn't manage to step back fast enough!
I don't ever remember being sent detailed facts by the organiser, maybe I've just forgotten. The RECHECK advice is still current as is the part about DON'T PANIC and how to say NO (I still can't do that and feel guilty when I have to)!
Self evaluation is still the best type of evaluation when you've been doing it a while, and look not a single mention of the internet or www and how novel going to a library.
The idea of talking it over and the more experience you gain will allow your licence to be awarded seems a bit haphazard these days but makes it easier to understand from a historical point of view some of the practices we have seen in the last decade in training. Good to see it written down that there is no disgrace in opting out of training. It is like an addiction and I learn so much especially from those I train but I like the idea of "willingness to continue as a Trainer" as making it seem like its my choice to continue.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment