Monday 8 October 2018

New Programme Training:adapting the GG ppt's.

These are the lessons I learned from adapting 3 of the GG ppt's (Awards, Using the section books & Programme planning):

  • there are 3 refresher slides I "borrowed" from the overview ppt - the programme, the themes & the stages
  • whilst the slides maintain their numbering, however I moved them around, the slide number in the bottom left corner couldn't be edited
  • to adapt the ppt to be a section training I had to change the images to ensure they were brownie related, I was able to "borrow" from other slides, without resorting to the clip art on the website
  • I didn't appreciate how much repetition there is across all the ppt's
  • I had to perform a similar process on the training plan and decided to transfer the key notes from the notes field of the slides, to the revised training plan. Likewise by deleting the 3 section photos I didn't want, I made space to paste the scenario onto the slide for the section I did want; saving the need to distribute by paper.
  • I would have liked more scenarios for each section rather than just the one provided per section
  • the quality of the activities are light-weight e.g how to identify the icon's for each section "by making a human chain" are completely unusable when you have 40 leaders in the room all from the same section!
  • It took about 3 hours to get a ppt & training plan to match with 26 slides for a 2 hour training.  

No comments:

Post a Comment